The Tula eye balm has a cooling sensation that wakes you up and helps with under-eye bags! It also has a brightening/highlighting effect, giving you a bright and awake look! It can be used under + over foundation & throughout the day as a refresher!
The Laura Mercier illuminating tinted moisturizer is great to wear alone on days where you don’t need to wear a ton of makeup or it’s great for mixing in with your normal foundation to give a more glow-y or dewy look! It also helps make your foundation have a less heavy feel! It is on the more pricey side, but it lasts a very long time because you use it very sparingly!
Hey y’all! I’ve been so excited to get this blog post out! I found the cutest website to order invites for all types of events and I couldn’t wait to share it with you all!
Over the years I’ve had experiences with all sorts of invitations, from the custom made ones that break the bank, to the easiness (or not so easiness) of Etsy designs & print outs. Invites can be so stressful/expensive and really, they shouldn’t have to be!
I knew for our wedding I wanted to do a easy save the date & invitation but that I wanted it to be a little different than anything I had ever done! I had seen on Pinterest a certain type of invite that had caught my eye & I knew that’s exactly what I wanted to do.
I wanted a vellum type invite. I knew it had to be expensive so I searched the internet finding all sorts of things that would break the bank. I explained to Ryan what I was looking for and of course in two seconds he finds it. He shows me this gorgeous clear invitation that is actually super affordable. Did you really find that? That’s not real I said, too good to be true! His response was yes it was and he forwarded me the website.
The website was BASIC INVITE , I pulled it up and immediately fell in love, like with everything haha! It was EXACTLY what I was looking for!
Their website not only has Wedding save the dates and wedding invitations, they have announcements, wedding favors, photo cards, stationery, wedding websites, stuff for graduations, & baptisms! + almost everything on their website is 100% customizable, with colors, moving fonts around and so forth!
Picking out/customizing my Save-the-dates & wedding invites literally could NOT have been easier!! We pulled it up, filled in our info, customized it to our liking, and the BEST part, ORDERED A SAMPLE! … y’all, having this option was amazing! As I mentioned we wanted something vellum looking, basic invite offered both a clear & frosted option, so we ordered a sample of both! This was so nice because they came in quickly and we got to pick which one we loved more! The clear was pretty, but we felt the frosted let the text come through a little better since we were sticking with white!
Our save-the-dates came in and were perfect! We loved them so much that we went with the same type for our actual wedding invites as well! These were so easy because basic invite also offers FREE envelope addressing and seal & send envelopes! They also have tons of different color envelopes (even foil options) & liners, I love this because it can give your invites a special touch!
They just made making both my save-the-dates and wedding invitations a complete breeze, which is nice when you have so many other things going on, making decisions here & there and dealing with tons of other things that aren’t that breezy haha!
I also mentioned above that they have wedding favors! Something cool on their website that I thought was really different was their wedding coasters for a favor! They have tons of designs for this and all the colors can be completely customized to your wedding colors! They can even have your photos put on them! Just a cute and different idea!
I’ve felt compelled to write on this subject lately. I’m not sure why but I guess maybe it’s because we live in a sea of social media. It offers all the places for us to see what (we think) is better than us, more than us, skinnier than us, richer than us, and so on and so forth.
This blog makes me put myself out there, to be either liked & trusted for fashion/lifestyle advice or to just be straight up judged From every angle (or bad angle).
It wasn’t until the past few years of my adult life that I would unfortunately experience the ugliness that people can put out there. People can really pick you apart….my eyes, my nose, my weight, the things I say, the surgery I had that leaves a barely there pull over my right eye, from skin cancer might I add. It’s sick that any of these things could be said in the first place, but thankfully, my momma raised me to be a confident & strong woman – I can take the heat! And really, if someone’s talking about you or being mean and nasty it just means they are THAT unhappy with themselves and their life.
I just say a prayer for people like that, because if someone is noticing little things like that about you, they must be looking pretty hard – and at that point I think you should find something better to do with your time. I’m not a mean hearted person, so I can’t even begin to level with that. I let that mindset go back in my early 20s, it’s not right! Why should any of us want to purposely tare someone else down? Life is hard enough out here haha!!
Social media can have both a positive & negative side that it brings on to our lives and minds. But, you just gotta balance it all out (most of its all smoke and mirrors) & above all, live for you and your life!
I think it’s important to talk about healthy habits to have to be a strong + confident women with positive mind sets about ourselves and our lives! I’m sharing a few things I think are important to keep in mind below!
• don’t compare yourself – comparison gets you no where, and honestly it really is the thief of joy! ALWAYS find the happiness and positivity about where you are in this very moment! we all experience different things at different times and paces. Be happy with that you’ve got too! Someone can have the biggest house, nicest things, & most expensive car but really their life is miserable. You never know! Don’t want what someone else has, want what you have and work towards what you want at your pace!
• be true to you – this one comes with age I think! the longer I’m around the more comfortable I get with myself, who I am, what I want, & what I stand for! At the end of the day YOU & your happiness is what’s most important, because that will help that happiness be a part of all different situations and relationships in your life!
• be supportive of other women – one of my favorite quotes is “empowered women, empower women”, it’s SO true! what’s better than one women? TWO! i love cheering for other girls, I want everyone to succeed and definitely think there’s room for all of us. when you take on this mind set, competition between others doesn’t even exist in your mind, because their is none!
• take care of yourself – self care is good for the soul, I’m convinced haha! do things that make you feel good (and not just the vanity side of it either!) know when you need some extra rest/relaxation, know when you need a girls night, know when you need to pull back the eating reigns and eat some good for your body food! And when you need those things, don’t feel bad about doing them either! In the end, they all contribute to making you feel good, thus, creating a happier you!
• what sally says of Susie says more about sally – plain & simple exactly what this says! Don’t take gossip to heart, confident women take hear-say with a grain of salt! Gossip, rumors, and other people’s insecurities are NOT a accurate representation of you!
• hand out the compliments – my boss Holli actually taught me this, I made it a habit years ago to always try to tell someone I’m talking to that I like one thing about them. To compliment something they are wearing, compliment their clothes, hair, or makeup, their faces always lights up. And you’d actually be amazed at what it does for you as a person too, making other people feel special makes you feel special! I love making others feel good & think every girl can use a little compliment! It might brighten up their day!
• be grateful – I purposely think of things I’m grateful for all day! thinking/speaking gratitude into your daily routine can really open your eyes to all the great & special things in your life!
• admire other women without devaluing yourself – were all guilty of this! i’ll look at another woman all the time and think things like “I wish my waist was that little” & “gee why can’t I be skinny like that”. this is something I know I need to work on. the truth is, my body isn’t made like that, and that doesn’t mean my body is any less fabulous! for all you know the skinny minny your looking at, might be looking at you wishing she had more curves! We all have insecurities, but now matter what shape or size we have to try to be positive and happy about ourselves, and if not – just work towards what we want!
While I write this I don’t have it all figured out, and definitely have my moments of NOT being confident! But all of these things are good to practice in your day to day routine to make you MORE positive, MORE confident, & MORE happy! (I know that’s not the correct grammar but just go with it)
P.S. – your a perfect 10, just the way you are sista!
Hey yall! While up here i thought what a perfect time to do a post on how i pack for my ski trips! A lot of people get confused with what to pack and I used to too! With cold weather & skiing you need to pack A LOT of stuff, once you get it down its super easy! My first year i had like 3 suitcases, now this year, i am rocking JUST ONE! Super impressive yall!
So, with skiing (or just cold weather for me in general, because im a ninny) you need a thermal, a base layer, and then your regular clothes! Plus ALL your accessories – Ski goggles, Hats, Gloves & so fourth!
Im keeping this short so im making sliders below for each section! These are all the thermals, base layers, ski pants, and jackets that I personally wear and own! They have lasted me and I really love them!
– THERMALS –
– BASE LAYER –
– SKI PANTS –
– SKI JACKET –
– BOOTS –
– SKI ACCESSORIES –
– JACKETS, HATS, & OTHERS –
Those are all my buys! Now, I got TONS of questions for recommendations while we were there! Restaurants, things to do & bars! This is always a family trip for us, so I don’t have recs on bars lol but y’all know I can supply y’all with some fabulous food recommendations since this girl likes to eat! Naming some of our favorite places to go below and will try to link them!!
I also just want to say before that I/we have skied elsewhere then Breck and really out of everywhere I have been I find this to be the most kid friendly mountain, as well as beginner skiing friendly mountain haha! The runs are not as steep as other mountains I’ve been on, but that’s my personal opinion! (Last year when we went to keystone I think I literally had anxiety every second on the mountain because the runs were so steep, a green felt like a blur to me and blue felt like a black and I cried actual tears like twice 😂)
Anyway, here’s my recs!
fiesta jalisco – our favorite Mexican place to stop and grab a margarita after a rough day on the slopes! (Normally our first day is a rough one because Hayden always has a dramatic first day on the mountain pahaha). Everything is really good here but our favorites are the Corona-Rita’s and the chicken fajitas (they are SO GOOD).
Downstairs at Erics – The best family place to go! Hayden LOVES this place because it’s an arcade! The kids can play while you wait on a table and have a beer, and the food is really good as well! The pizzas are their specialty but they have all kinds of stuff! There chicken wings are our favorite, and even a salad I had was good!
Breckenridge Escape Room – We had a blast doing this just us three! We got locked in a room and had to figure out the clues/find keys to the other rooms to be able to send a flare for rescuers to find us in an avalanche! It was SO fun and Hayden enjoyed it as well! It was kid friendly but would obviously be a blast with a bunch of adults as well!!
Michaels Italian – a must EVERY. YEAR. So delicious! Their lasagna and most pastas are served in a baking dish, everything is so warm and melty and yummy hahah! Their Italian salad is yummy, the garlic bread is so good & I can’t pass up their stuffed shells with Alfredo!
Crepes A La Cart – these crepes are worth a 15-20 minute line you’ll stand in, TRUST ME! I go plane Nutella with powered sugar, bananas & honey!
The Blue Fish Sushi – we stumbled upon this while trying to go to erics for a second time, the wait was 2 hours, so we kept walking down the strip! We were SO glad we did haha! There’s another TERRIBLE sushi restaurant in Breck (located in a strip mall, can’t remember the name) so we came thinking we wouldn’t get sushi. The blue fish blew us away with how fresh and delicious the sushi was! We got a firecracker roll, pick this if you like spice! And a rainforest roll, more of a fresh feel! We also got the family size fried rice which was very good! This place is more on the pricey side, just a heads up! But so worth every last penny! Nothing is better than sooo fresh sushi!
Cool river Coffeehouse – good place for a quick breakfast! All kinds of stuff on their menu, but my favorite is the breakfast burrito or breakfast bowl!
Blue Stag Saloon – delicious wings & burgers! This place looks SO fun for adults when we walk past it at night, a total ski town vibe! The bar and outside around the fire pit is always packed with people!
Mountain Top Cookies – You absolutely MUST go here! These cookies are to die for and are baked JUST right! Crispy edges with oey-goey centers! They have SO MANY VARIETIES, anyone can find something they like here! They even have cookie sandwiches with icing in the middle and they had one that was two chocolate chip cookies filled with edible cookie dough in the middle! Does that sound like heaven or what? My favorites were the hot chocolate cookie + the chocolate chip & salted caramel!
A friend of ours absolutely raved about Hearthstone as an amazing steak restaurant but said it was more on the pricey side. Legends Steak & Italian is somewhere we have gotten steaks from but it was just okay, we have also been to Kenosha which has a variety of steaks, sandwiches, pastas and so fourth but it was pretty underwhelming! Ollie’s Pub has a great menus and is really good and BoLD is a great spot to grab breakfast, which is pretty yummy and not too heavy, that is right at the bottom of the mountain before the lift!
Hope this post is helpful to you guys and if y’all have any questions, feel free to ask me about anything!!!
Y’all, this $19 little white square is a total life saver + game changer 🙌🏽 of course I had to share with you guys! is anyone else always trying to find their keys or phone?! put this little guy on your keyring and download the app on your phone -> if you can’t find your keys, ring them using the app & if you can find your phone, press the silver tile button & your phone will ring! like I said, GAME CHANGER right?!
Happy Sunday y’all! I know this is a taddd on the late side but I figured I’d get it posted anyway!! I always share my New Years goals with you guys, and this year should be any different!
I find personally it always helps to get them written down in some form or fashion! It’s nice to be able to lay them all out and look at them in writing instead of just imagining them in your head! It helps you see what they look like and what it’ll take to make them happen! (I know I already made/shared my dream board with y’all, but I still like to do both)
So, without anymore blabbering, here’s my official 2019 Goals!
• Sit back and Relax – 2018 was AMAZING however, it threw a LOT of things my way! All of these things were complete blessings, like getting engaged, my blog really starting to grow, growing more at the salon, and a extra little something fun in the hair world!! But, with all that came lots of stress and myself/my brain being pulled 72636473 miles a minute! When I’m not at work, I’m trying to manage the wedding, the blog, help Ryan with some of his brainstorming with jobs and balance everything at the same time. This year I want to figure it all out and sit back and relax! H2O and hair are always my main focus, and once all the wedding things are figured out that will be less stressful, so come may, I’m excited to be able to just focus on work & the blog!
• Build Better Relationships – this was one of my goals last year and I have to say I really made a point of zoning in on this. This was a big step for me pahaha I’m a major homebody, and after work all I want to do is get home, change and relax! This year I thought myself it wasn’t the end of the world to get out a little more and make a extra effort! It’s important to show your family and friends how much you care for them and enjoy being with them! I plan on stepping this up a little more this year!! I used to sit with my honey on Wednesday’s, now that she has passed I maybe want to make that a day to dedicate to spending with someone else special to me every week!
• Make the travel memories – this has been something I’ve adapted to with Ryan and something I want to continue to do! Getting away is a great reset, even if it’s for just 3 days! Me and Ryan really don’t say no to vacations and it’s something I NEVER regret! You’ll never say damn I’m really regret going on that vacation, I’m so glad I stayed home and worked or I’m so glad my money just sits in my savings. SCREW THAT, book the trip and make the memories! For years I missed so much stuff because I was scared to take off of work, that was miserable and I regretted it/resented work because of! Really I’m blessed that my salon has mellowed out on vacationing rules and to be in a business where as long as my clients are accommodated I’m all good! If I’m not out of town my booty is at work & I’m all good with that haha!!!
• Take shorter baths – y’all this seems stupid, but I literally probably waste half of my life in the bathtub lol! It’s a problem! I stay in there for like two hours sometimes! It MIGHT be dramatic saying two hours, but bottom line I need to get a grip and start setting a get out alarm!
• Make more intentional date nights with the boys – does this make sense? Haha I want to plan more fun purposeful nights with the boys! We used to be so on top of saying okay Friday night were doing THIS together, and so on and so fourth! This year I want to get back into that at least one night out of the weekend! The other two we can fly by the seat of our pants!
• Spend more time in the kitchen – me and Ry already got a head start on this goal before the new year and I have to say we have been SO good with it! I want to continue this! I feel so much better when we cook in the kitchen and know exactly what’s going into our meals & body’s!
• Buy less clothes & be on top of closet raiding – this is hard because part of the blog is buying clothes to sell them of course haha! But, I want to just buy what I need & at least be good about getting rid of the stuff I don’t before I buy more! Want to focus on buying smarter!
• Meet my fitness goal – y’all I still haven’t met my fitness goal from last year! I did during the summer, but of course since then the 5 pounds are back! What’s the holidays for right?! Anyway, I want to get married at my goal weight and really plan on kicking it into high gear after Mardi Gras! Literally my goal weight would be to lose 7 instead of 5 haha but I’ll just take 5! I also want to get into a class and REALLY stick to it till our honeymoon! Please send prayers pahaha!
• Gain more amazing clients & continue to grow the blog – This is always a goal of mine at the salon! Every year I continue to fill my clientele and life with more amazing clients, and I obviously want keep them coming! I also want to continue to grow the blog & want to break into making some major strides! I want to really play off of these two things together this year!
• Save face – this was part of my goal last year, although I was better than before I wasn’t as dedicated as I wanted to be! H2O has tons of amazing skin treatments, facials, & solutions in the skin clinic and I need to be taking advantage of it! I want to start being really dedicated to my face products and getting hydrafacials!
That’s most of my major goals this year, of course I always want to be better and grow more in every aspect! I alway want to be trying to be the best version of me, not only for myself but for everyone around me!
What’s some of yalls goals? If you got some, write em’ down!
Happy Thursday guys! I’ve been working on this post for a minute and am so excited to share it with y’all!
In all the wedding planning bustle one question is ALWAYS asked, ” DID YOU FIND YOUR DRESS YET?”… My answer over the past few months was no because honestly I was so stressed out with everything going on and the idea of dress shopping stressed me out more. All the questions came to mind. Where do I go? What kind of dress do I want? Lace, Satin, Crepe? Who should I bring? And there are so many places to shop? How do I choose?!
Now, if you are from New Orleans, there’s no way you don’t know the name Town & Country. In the heart of the city, it’s the classiest little bridal store, not to mention the oldest in the south! Brides, Bridesmaids, and Mother’s of the Bride have said yes to their dresses here for years!
My friend Mandy happened to make this store hers a few years ago & if you know her, you know this store becoming hers was just meant to be! Mandy is the sweetest & has a BIG love for anything bridal – when you get her talking about it you can just see it in her eyes, how big her smiles gets, and in the way she talks about it! It’s her passion & that makes a big difference in a business!
About a month or two ago Mandy filled me in on a little secret, she was opening a store in Metairie! How exciting! I was thrilled for her, and thrilled for me because I could stay right in Metairie to shop haha!! She was naming it “LINEN JOLIE” after her precious baby girl!
The store was about 2 weeks away from opening when we were texting and she changed the subject to “Did you find a dress yet? If not I’m secretly freaking out for you!” Of course I hadn’t found a dress yet, and her telling me she was secretly freaking out meant I knew I had to get this dress thing going! I told her that I of course wanted to come to the new store! We set a date after opening and I decided I wanted my close family and one or two friends to be there with me!
When the day came I was so excited to get into the store! Linen Jolie is absolutely GORGEOUS in the inside. It is a bridal dream – all white, gold, & airy. It just screams luxury and elegance. When you walk up the pretty white staircase your greeted by a clean white desk, gorgeous crystal chandelier & of course a member of their amazing team!
Linen Jolie is by appointment only, so it’s amazing to walk in and be with just your family and friends + your personal stylist! I got to work with Megan who was SO sweet and helpful! She asked what I was going for and started to pull dresses. They have an absolutely amazing selection of dresses, tons to choose from and each just as gorgeous as the next! Watching her pull them I couldn’t help but think how the heckkk am I going to choose?!
While Megan got everything pulled and settled into the changing suite, my family started to stagger in. They all got settled around the mirror where I’d try on dresses and Megan brought out some champagne! We talked about what kind of dresses they were about to see and about who was going to be the most opinionated! Hahaha! I made them all little boxes of gifts to say thank you for coming to help me pick my dream dress! After they opened them and started digging into their cookies I had in there, I snuck off into the changing suite!
Megan had about 6-8 gorgeous dresses waiting for me! She said to put on the one that spoke to me first haha! She waited outside the door and once I was in the dress, she came and helped me get it all zipped/clipped to fit just right!! We walked out into the room where everyone was, and dress after dress they told me their love it or hate it opinions. Of course there were no hate it’s haha, but there were two major love it’s!
I was so stuck between the two, that I tried them on back to back about 3 times haha! I finally was like okay this is ridiculous I need to come to a conclusion – my family and Mandy were like okay just come out in the one you pick! Me and Megan walked back to the changing room to put “the one” on, I asked her when we were standing in the room which one she honestly loved more. She continued to say that obviously she loved both but she could tell I was way more comfortable and happy in the other. “Your face lights up more with this one” she said & she was exactly right, that was the one I wanted! I loved that she was so helpful, honest, and patient with me!
We headed out to show my family and they were all so excited! They popped some champagne, we celebrated a little more, and then I went on to officially put my order in for my dress!!
I am SO excited for it to come in and I can not say enough good things about my experience at Linen Jolie. The team truly makes finding the most important dress of your life an amazing experience, and I’m so glad that I said yes to my dress there!
Linen Jolie is located at Located on the Second Floor of Chatta Box in Metairie. The address is 4114 Veterans Memorial Boulevard, Metairie, Louisiana 70002. And there number is 504-459-4350. Making an appointment is made so easy and convenient by just going to their website at http://www.linenjoliebridal.com.
If your a bride in the area, looking for an unforgettable luxury bridal experience, this a place you can nottt pass up & I know their team can’t wait to work with you!
p.s. – obviously none of these are my actual dress, I had a blast getting to play in tons of them & cant wait to share my actual one with y’all on my big day!
Happy Wednesday people! My mom showed me this purse organizer and I HAD to share with y’all!
Who else has a never-full or a gigantic tote bag?! Probably 90% of y’all reading this! We all know bags like that end up being one big giant mess of all our stuff being thrown in! It’s all mixed up, and thrown on top of each other!! I don’t know about you, but that makes me crazy!
I LOVE LOVEEEE this little insert and think it’s a must have ever since I’ve been using it! It’s an amazing price & has tons of little pockets & even a middle insert that can be removed!
Linking it below the picture! For reference I have the medium size never-full and I ordered the cream beige in medium!
Hello 2019! Who doesn’t love a fresh start?! I love New Years because it’s a great time to refocus after all the holiday craziness!!
If you’ve followed me for a while, you already know my New Years drill! But if you haven’t I’m going to fill you in on a little family tradition!
For about 11 years now my family has held the tradition of all getting together after January 1st and making a dream board! This is a place where all your goals for the year ahead (or your general future) can be visualized and serve as a reminder when placed somewhere that you will be able to see it everyday!
We all get together, have a yummy dinner & sit around the floor with piles of magazines, scissors, glue, and poster board! We flip through the magazines and cut out anything that has to do with any of our upcoming goals, needs, & wants. Then we place them all over our board! … for some people this takes 5 minutes, or if your neurotic like me it can take 3 hours!
Things cut out for me are normally words, pictures, and phrases. And they don’t always have to be just for that year – I place things on my board as well that I want to see in the future. For instance, going to Greece has probably been on my board since I can remember making them! It’s been about 11 years! I’m SO excited that this year will actually be the last year it’s on my board & I can make room for a new dream spot! Me & Ryan will be officially hitting Greece in September …. I know I will cry when I get there 😂 it has always been my ultimate dream vacation.
Here’s a photo of my dream board this year! I’ll be sharing another post more in-depth about my goals in the next few days!
This tradition is so fun to me and I love that we all get together and do it! If you guys make one or need any help getting one started let me know!!!