I absolutely love body suits because they are so versatile! I love wearing them with shorts and a cardigan or kimono! This one’s v-shape is just SO cute and makes it different! If you follow along you know I normally size up in body suits. This however I wish I had sizes down a size! Had to bring to seamstress!
Sized up half a size! This is a trend we are seeing a LOT of this summer! I know it might look weird but they look absolutely amazing on your legs, they extend them and make them look long and lean since there is no visible strap to cut them off!
Hey y’all! Happy Tuesday! Hoping on here to share my most FAVORITE hairspray in the world, it’s been my number one pick for years! This hairspray does have a STRONG hold, but I don’t know about you, I like my hairspray to HOLD my style when I have somewhere to go! Isn’t that the whole point?!
I’ve always used it just for hairspray but recently while getting ready I had the bottle turned and ended up reading it. It said to hold the hairspray a few Inches away from the root and spray for volume! I’m like hmm well that’s interesting, I did it to see what I thought and I absolutely because obsessed with that little trick as well! If lifted my hair and have it the texture that I need to have/create volume!
The big size will last you forever & the travel size is sooo perfect to just throw in your purse!
Y’all, I am literally OBSESSED with my new jeans … they fit like a GLOVE and the tie waist is super flattering on ANY shape! It also makes tight tucked in shirts (like a bodysuit for example) flattering as well! These were $17 and come in a few different washes!! Tagging them below!
Hey y’all! I’ve been so excited to get this blog post out! I found the cutest website to order invites for all types of events and I couldn’t wait to share it with you all!
Over the years I’ve had experiences with all sorts of invitations, from the custom made ones that break the bank, to the easiness (or not so easiness) of Etsy designs & print outs. Invites can be so stressful/expensive and really, they shouldn’t have to be!
I knew for our wedding I wanted to do a easy save the date & invitation but that I wanted it to be a little different than anything I had ever done! I had seen on Pinterest a certain type of invite that had caught my eye & I knew that’s exactly what I wanted to do.
I wanted a vellum type invite. I knew it had to be expensive so I searched the internet finding all sorts of things that would break the bank. I explained to Ryan what I was looking for and of course in two seconds he finds it. He shows me this gorgeous clear invitation that is actually super affordable. Did you really find that? That’s not real I said, too good to be true! His response was yes it was and he forwarded me the website.
The website was BASIC INVITE , I pulled it up and immediately fell in love, like with everything haha! It was EXACTLY what I was looking for!
Their website not only has Wedding save the dates and wedding invitations, they have announcements, wedding favors, photo cards, stationery, wedding websites, stuff for graduations, & baptisms! + almost everything on their website is 100% customizable, with colors, moving fonts around and so forth!
Picking out/customizing my Save-the-dates & wedding invites literally could NOT have been easier!! We pulled it up, filled in our info, customized it to our liking, and the BEST part, ORDERED A SAMPLE! … y’all, having this option was amazing! As I mentioned we wanted something vellum looking, basic invite offered both a clear & frosted option, so we ordered a sample of both! This was so nice because they came in quickly and we got to pick which one we loved more! The clear was pretty, but we felt the frosted let the text come through a little better since we were sticking with white!
Our save-the-dates came in and were perfect! We loved them so much that we went with the same type for our actual wedding invites as well! These were so easy because basic invite also offers FREE envelope addressing and seal & send envelopes! They also have tons of different color envelopes (even foil options) & liners, I love this because it can give your invites a special touch!
They just made making both my save-the-dates and wedding invitations a complete breeze, which is nice when you have so many other things going on, making decisions here & there and dealing with tons of other things that aren’t that breezy haha!
I also mentioned above that they have wedding favors! Something cool on their website that I thought was really different was their wedding coasters for a favor! They have tons of designs for this and all the colors can be completely customized to your wedding colors! They can even have your photos put on them! Just a cute and different idea!
I’ve felt compelled to write on this subject lately. I’m not sure why but I guess maybe it’s because we live in a sea of social media. It offers all the places for us to see what (we think) is better than us, more than us, skinnier than us, richer than us, and so on and so forth.
This blog makes me put myself out there, to be either liked & trusted for fashion/lifestyle advice or to just be straight up judged From every angle (or bad angle).
It wasn’t until the past few years of my adult life that I would unfortunately experience the ugliness that people can put out there. People can really pick you apart….my eyes, my nose, my weight, the things I say, the surgery I had that leaves a barely there pull over my right eye, from skin cancer might I add. It’s sick that any of these things could be said in the first place, but thankfully, my momma raised me to be a confident & strong woman – I can take the heat! And really, if someone’s talking about you or being mean and nasty it just means they are THAT unhappy with themselves and their life.
I just say a prayer for people like that, because if someone is noticing little things like that about you, they must be looking pretty hard – and at that point I think you should find something better to do with your time. I’m not a mean hearted person, so I can’t even begin to level with that. I let that mindset go back in my early 20s, it’s not right! Why should any of us want to purposely tare someone else down? Life is hard enough out here haha!!
Social media can have both a positive & negative side that it brings on to our lives and minds. But, you just gotta balance it all out (most of its all smoke and mirrors) & above all, live for you and your life!
I think it’s important to talk about healthy habits to have to be a strong + confident women with positive mind sets about ourselves and our lives! I’m sharing a few things I think are important to keep in mind below!
• don’t compare yourself – comparison gets you no where, and honestly it really is the thief of joy! ALWAYS find the happiness and positivity about where you are in this very moment! we all experience different things at different times and paces. Be happy with that you’ve got too! Someone can have the biggest house, nicest things, & most expensive car but really their life is miserable. You never know! Don’t want what someone else has, want what you have and work towards what you want at your pace!
• be true to you – this one comes with age I think! the longer I’m around the more comfortable I get with myself, who I am, what I want, & what I stand for! At the end of the day YOU & your happiness is what’s most important, because that will help that happiness be a part of all different situations and relationships in your life!
• be supportive of other women – one of my favorite quotes is “empowered women, empower women”, it’s SO true! what’s better than one women? TWO! i love cheering for other girls, I want everyone to succeed and definitely think there’s room for all of us. when you take on this mind set, competition between others doesn’t even exist in your mind, because their is none!
• take care of yourself – self care is good for the soul, I’m convinced haha! do things that make you feel good (and not just the vanity side of it either!) know when you need some extra rest/relaxation, know when you need a girls night, know when you need to pull back the eating reigns and eat some good for your body food! And when you need those things, don’t feel bad about doing them either! In the end, they all contribute to making you feel good, thus, creating a happier you!
• what sally says of Susie says more about sally – plain & simple exactly what this says! Don’t take gossip to heart, confident women take hear-say with a grain of salt! Gossip, rumors, and other people’s insecurities are NOT a accurate representation of you!
• hand out the compliments – my boss Holli actually taught me this, I made it a habit years ago to always try to tell someone I’m talking to that I like one thing about them. To compliment something they are wearing, compliment their clothes, hair, or makeup, their faces always lights up. And you’d actually be amazed at what it does for you as a person too, making other people feel special makes you feel special! I love making others feel good & think every girl can use a little compliment! It might brighten up their day!
• be grateful – I purposely think of things I’m grateful for all day! thinking/speaking gratitude into your daily routine can really open your eyes to all the great & special things in your life!
• admire other women without devaluing yourself – were all guilty of this! i’ll look at another woman all the time and think things like “I wish my waist was that little” & “gee why can’t I be skinny like that”. this is something I know I need to work on. the truth is, my body isn’t made like that, and that doesn’t mean my body is any less fabulous! for all you know the skinny minny your looking at, might be looking at you wishing she had more curves! We all have insecurities, but now matter what shape or size we have to try to be positive and happy about ourselves, and if not – just work towards what we want!
While I write this I don’t have it all figured out, and definitely have my moments of NOT being confident! But all of these things are good to practice in your day to day routine to make you MORE positive, MORE confident, & MORE happy! (I know that’s not the correct grammar but just go with it)
P.S. – your a perfect 10, just the way you are sista!
Hey yall! While up here i thought what a perfect time to do a post on how i pack for my ski trips! A lot of people get confused with what to pack and I used to too! With cold weather & skiing you need to pack A LOT of stuff, once you get it down its super easy! My first year i had like 3 suitcases, now this year, i am rocking JUST ONE! Super impressive yall!
So, with skiing (or just cold weather for me in general, because im a ninny) you need a thermal, a base layer, and then your regular clothes! Plus ALL your accessories – Ski goggles, Hats, Gloves & so fourth!
Im keeping this short so im making sliders below for each section! These are all the thermals, base layers, ski pants, and jackets that I personally wear and own! They have lasted me and I really love them!
– THERMALS –
– BASE LAYER –
– SKI PANTS –
– SKI JACKET –
– BOOTS –
– SKI ACCESSORIES –
– JACKETS, HATS, & OTHERS –
Those are all my buys! Now, I got TONS of questions for recommendations while we were there! Restaurants, things to do & bars! This is always a family trip for us, so I don’t have recs on bars lol but y’all know I can supply y’all with some fabulous food recommendations since this girl likes to eat! Naming some of our favorite places to go below and will try to link them!!
I also just want to say before that I/we have skied elsewhere then Breck and really out of everywhere I have been I find this to be the most kid friendly mountain, as well as beginner skiing friendly mountain haha! The runs are not as steep as other mountains I’ve been on, but that’s my personal opinion! (Last year when we went to keystone I think I literally had anxiety every second on the mountain because the runs were so steep, a green felt like a blur to me and blue felt like a black and I cried actual tears like twice 😂)
Anyway, here’s my recs!
fiesta jalisco – our favorite Mexican place to stop and grab a margarita after a rough day on the slopes! (Normally our first day is a rough one because Hayden always has a dramatic first day on the mountain pahaha). Everything is really good here but our favorites are the Corona-Rita’s and the chicken fajitas (they are SO GOOD).
Downstairs at Erics – The best family place to go! Hayden LOVES this place because it’s an arcade! The kids can play while you wait on a table and have a beer, and the food is really good as well! The pizzas are their specialty but they have all kinds of stuff! There chicken wings are our favorite, and even a salad I had was good!
Breckenridge Escape Room – We had a blast doing this just us three! We got locked in a room and had to figure out the clues/find keys to the other rooms to be able to send a flare for rescuers to find us in an avalanche! It was SO fun and Hayden enjoyed it as well! It was kid friendly but would obviously be a blast with a bunch of adults as well!!
Michaels Italian – a must EVERY. YEAR. So delicious! Their lasagna and most pastas are served in a baking dish, everything is so warm and melty and yummy hahah! Their Italian salad is yummy, the garlic bread is so good & I can’t pass up their stuffed shells with Alfredo!
Crepes A La Cart – these crepes are worth a 15-20 minute line you’ll stand in, TRUST ME! I go plane Nutella with powered sugar, bananas & honey!
The Blue Fish Sushi – we stumbled upon this while trying to go to erics for a second time, the wait was 2 hours, so we kept walking down the strip! We were SO glad we did haha! There’s another TERRIBLE sushi restaurant in Breck (located in a strip mall, can’t remember the name) so we came thinking we wouldn’t get sushi. The blue fish blew us away with how fresh and delicious the sushi was! We got a firecracker roll, pick this if you like spice! And a rainforest roll, more of a fresh feel! We also got the family size fried rice which was very good! This place is more on the pricey side, just a heads up! But so worth every last penny! Nothing is better than sooo fresh sushi!
Cool river Coffeehouse – good place for a quick breakfast! All kinds of stuff on their menu, but my favorite is the breakfast burrito or breakfast bowl!
Blue Stag Saloon – delicious wings & burgers! This place looks SO fun for adults when we walk past it at night, a total ski town vibe! The bar and outside around the fire pit is always packed with people!
Mountain Top Cookies – You absolutely MUST go here! These cookies are to die for and are baked JUST right! Crispy edges with oey-goey centers! They have SO MANY VARIETIES, anyone can find something they like here! They even have cookie sandwiches with icing in the middle and they had one that was two chocolate chip cookies filled with edible cookie dough in the middle! Does that sound like heaven or what? My favorites were the hot chocolate cookie + the chocolate chip & salted caramel!
A friend of ours absolutely raved about Hearthstone as an amazing steak restaurant but said it was more on the pricey side. Legends Steak & Italian is somewhere we have gotten steaks from but it was just okay, we have also been to Kenosha which has a variety of steaks, sandwiches, pastas and so fourth but it was pretty underwhelming! Ollie’s Pub has a great menus and is really good and BoLD is a great spot to grab breakfast, which is pretty yummy and not too heavy, that is right at the bottom of the mountain before the lift!
Hope this post is helpful to you guys and if y’all have any questions, feel free to ask me about anything!!!
Hey me friends! Finally getting around to posting a few Mardi Gras finds for you guys!
For the past year and a half you guys have LOVED and bought these leggings like crazy! I think I personally have them in like 5 colors now! They can’t be beat for $13 and they are fabulous dupe for the koral leggings that are over $80! They run true to size, so no need to size up! They come in a TON of colors, but the ones below are Mardi Gras approved for sure!!!