Happy Sunday y’all! I know this is a taddd on the late side but I figured I’d get it posted anyway!! I always share my New Years goals with you guys, and this year should be any different!
I find personally it always helps to get them written down in some form or fashion! It’s nice to be able to lay them all out and look at them in writing instead of just imagining them in your head! It helps you see what they look like and what it’ll take to make them happen! (I know I already made/shared my dream board with y’all, but I still like to do both)
So, without anymore blabbering, here’s my official 2019 Goals!
• Sit back and Relax – 2018 was AMAZING however, it threw a LOT of things my way! All of these things were complete blessings, like getting engaged, my blog really starting to grow, growing more at the salon, and a extra little something fun in the hair world!! But, with all that came lots of stress and myself/my brain being pulled 72636473 miles a minute! When I’m not at work, I’m trying to manage the wedding, the blog, help Ryan with some of his brainstorming with jobs and balance everything at the same time. This year I want to figure it all out and sit back and relax! H2O and hair are always my main focus, and once all the wedding things are figured out that will be less stressful, so come may, I’m excited to be able to just focus on work & the blog!
• Build Better Relationships – this was one of my goals last year and I have to say I really made a point of zoning in on this. This was a big step for me pahaha I’m a major homebody, and after work all I want to do is get home, change and relax! This year I thought myself it wasn’t the end of the world to get out a little more and make a extra effort! It’s important to show your family and friends how much you care for them and enjoy being with them! I plan on stepping this up a little more this year!! I used to sit with my honey on Wednesday’s, now that she has passed I maybe want to make that a day to dedicate to spending with someone else special to me every week!
• Make the travel memories – this has been something I’ve adapted to with Ryan and something I want to continue to do! Getting away is a great reset, even if it’s for just 3 days! Me and Ryan really don’t say no to vacations and it’s something I NEVER regret! You’ll never say damn I’m really regret going on that vacation, I’m so glad I stayed home and worked or I’m so glad my money just sits in my savings. SCREW THAT, book the trip and make the memories! For years I missed so much stuff because I was scared to take off of work, that was miserable and I regretted it/resented work because of! Really I’m blessed that my salon has mellowed out on vacationing rules and to be in a business where as long as my clients are accommodated I’m all good! If I’m not out of town my booty is at work & I’m all good with that haha!!!
• Take shorter baths – y’all this seems stupid, but I literally probably waste half of my life in the bathtub lol! It’s a problem! I stay in there for like two hours sometimes! It MIGHT be dramatic saying two hours, but bottom line I need to get a grip and start setting a get out alarm!
• Make more intentional date nights with the boys – does this make sense? Haha I want to plan more fun purposeful nights with the boys! We used to be so on top of saying okay Friday night were doing THIS together, and so on and so fourth! This year I want to get back into that at least one night out of the weekend! The other two we can fly by the seat of our pants!
• Spend more time in the kitchen – me and Ry already got a head start on this goal before the new year and I have to say we have been SO good with it! I want to continue this! I feel so much better when we cook in the kitchen and know exactly what’s going into our meals & body’s!
• Buy less clothes & be on top of closet raiding – this is hard because part of the blog is buying clothes to sell them of course haha! But, I want to just buy what I need & at least be good about getting rid of the stuff I don’t before I buy more! Want to focus on buying smarter!
• Meet my fitness goal – y’all I still haven’t met my fitness goal from last year! I did during the summer, but of course since then the 5 pounds are back! What’s the holidays for right?! Anyway, I want to get married at my goal weight and really plan on kicking it into high gear after Mardi Gras! Literally my goal weight would be to lose 7 instead of 5 haha but I’ll just take 5! I also want to get into a class and REALLY stick to it till our honeymoon! Please send prayers pahaha!
• Gain more amazing clients & continue to grow the blog – This is always a goal of mine at the salon! Every year I continue to fill my clientele and life with more amazing clients, and I obviously want keep them coming! I also want to continue to grow the blog & want to break into making some major strides! I want to really play off of these two things together this year!
• Save face – this was part of my goal last year, although I was better than before I wasn’t as dedicated as I wanted to be! H2O has tons of amazing skin treatments, facials, & solutions in the skin clinic and I need to be taking advantage of it! I want to start being really dedicated to my face products and getting hydrafacials!
That’s most of my major goals this year, of course I always want to be better and grow more in every aspect! I alway want to be trying to be the best version of me, not only for myself but for everyone around me!
What’s some of yalls goals? If you got some, write em’ down!
Happy late New Year!
XoXo, Chelsey Rae